As Liverpool prepare to return to Premier League action, Jurgen Klopp has given a comprehensive injury update and suggested the club have not ruled out making more signings this summer.
At least 8 players ruled out Fulham’s opener
In his pre-match press conference on Friday, Klopp provided the latest on a number of players who are currently sidelined.
The good news is that Alisson is now “fine” and looks set to return to the starting line-up, having missed most of pre-season with an abdominal injury.
However, Caoimhin Kelleher, Calvin Ramsay, Kaide Gordon and Diogo Jota remain out, having missed all of the summer friendlies through injury.
Ibrahima Konate, Kostas Tsimikas, Curtis Jones and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are also sidelined after picking up knocks during pre-season.
Naby Keita missed last Sunday’s friendly against Strasbourg through illness but could still be available for the trip to Craven Cottage, with Klopp expecting the Guinean to train on Friday.
The Liverpool manager says the club does not believe he needs to re-enter the transfer market at this stage, but added that “the transfer window is still open so we will see.”
Fans get excited about transfers again!
3 things today: PREMIERE. LEAGUE. RETURNS.
NEW: Premier League 2022/23 Prediction: Top 4, signings, surprise team and more https://t.co/G0FWdWP9DT
— This is Anfield (@thisisanfield) August 5, 2022
- The Reds have been involved in some classic opening day matches over the years, some with more success than others! Here are our top five most spectacular Liverpool Premier League matches.
- Line-up predictions, referee details and Fulham details. Here are 10 key things you should know ahead of the Reds’ clash with the Cottagers on Saturday.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jurgen KloppThe full injury update is here, with one defender expected to return to training next week.
Latest Premier League chat
CLUB STATEMENT: MARC CUCURELLA.
Following numerous media reports this week, we can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Brighton and Hove Albion for the signing of Marc Cucurella.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 5, 2022
- Chelsea have responded to Brighton’s denial that the club have agreed a deal for Marc Cucurella for confirming the signing of the Spaniard on Friday. You don’t know why £62m has been spent on a secondary left back do you?
- Newcastle boss Eddie Howe has signed a new long term contract with the Claws, just nine months after his appointment. Let’s hope for his sake that this isn’t another moment in Pardew’s eight-year contract!
- Leicester right-back Ricardo Pereira has been ruled out for up to six months after Achilles surgery. Brendan Rodgers’ side seem to be having a tough time at the moment!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Hats off to Paddy Power for this! No matter how successful Liverpool are this season, the keyboard warriors will never go back!
It looks set to be another promising season for Liverpool, but some fans are still not happy…
18+ BeGambleAware pic.twitter.com/OPJKs5yLZH
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) August 5, 2022
The back of the foot!
The Premier League kicks off with Crystal Palace hosting Arsenal at 20:00 (GMT).
Sadio Mane will play his first Bundesliga game when Bayern Munich travel to Europa League winners Eintracht Frankfurt at 7.30pm.
Ligue 1 also kicks off tonight with Lyon facing Ajaccio.
Enjoy the weekend and turn up the reds!
#lose #Fulham #Klopp #open #transfer #spin