Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel receives ‘request not to play’ from star before Everton’s opener

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel receives 'request not to play' from star before Everton's opener

Marcus Alonso has reportedly asked Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel not to select him for the Blues’ Premier League season opener against Everton on Saturday. El lateral esquerre espanyol continua sent objecte d’un intens interès per part del Barcelona, ​​​​amb el club català amb problemes d’efectius que s’entén que està en converses i pressiona per fitxar el defensa aquest estiu.

Alonso has made no secret of his desire to join the La Liga giants in the current window and with Chelsea now signing his replacement in Marc Cucurella, the 31-year-old looks closer than ever to grant him his wish.

The defender also appears to have played his last game for the Blues after it was reported that he has no interest in taking part in his current side’s Premier League clash with Everton this weekend.

According to Sport, Alonso has informed Tuchel that he prefers not to play against the Toffees at Goodison Park on Saturday evening.

The Spanish medium has clarified that, although the left-back has not refused to play, he has asked not to be called up for the national team.

DO NOT MISS: De Jong ‘clashes with agent’ as Chelsea bid for Man Utd

While Alonso seems destined to leave for Barcelona this summer, the same cannot be said for his Chelsea teammate, César Azpilicueta.

The Blues captain was another understood to be on Barca’s radar, but speculation over the 32-year-old’s move from Stamford Bridge to the Nou Camp has been put to bed after he committed his future to the west london club making a new two- deal of the year last week.

Alonso, who came through the academy at bitter rivals Real Madrid, joined Chelsea in 2016 in a deal worth around £24m from Serie A side Fiorentina. The new Spain international has over 200 appearances for the Blues and has claimed six major honors in west London, including a Premier League title and a Champions League crown.

While Alonso seems destined to leave for Barcelona this summer, the same cannot be said for his Chelsea teammate, César Azpilicueta. The Blues captain was another understood to be on Barca’s radar, but speculation over the 32-year-old’s move from Stamford Bridge to the Nou Camp has been put to bed after he committed his future to the west london club making a new two- deal of the year last week.

READ MORE
Chelsea ‘green light’ second defensive target in Tuchel’s timely transfer push
Chelsea ‘internally discussing midfielder offer’ to Leicester in Wesley Fofana swap bid
Chelsea target Wesley Fofana flirts with transfer with mysterious activity on Instagram

Should Alonso complete his move to Barcelona in the coming weeks, he could have to wait for his La Liga debut.

Barcelona are still embroiled in a paralyzing financial crisis that is currently preventing them from registering their multitude of new summer signings in La Liga.

Xavi has already added Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde to his squad in big-money deals, while Franck Kessie and Alonso’s former Chelsea team-mate Andreas Christensen have also joined on free transfers .

Barcelona must reduce the club’s wage bill significantly before the plethora of new stars are eligible to represent the club in the league.


#Chelsea #boss #Thomas #Tuchel #receives #request #play #star #Evertons #opener

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.