West Ham have made a bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain defender Thilo Kehrer.
The 25-year-old Germany international, who can play at right-back and centre-back, has been identified as a defensive target by the Hammers.
West Ham are awaiting a response from the Ligue 1 champions and have other options to pursue if an agreement cannot be reached.
Kehrer has a year left on his contract and his signing would be a good defensive addition to David Moyes’ side amid an injury crisis.
The Hammers only had one centre-back, Kurt Zouma, fit for Sunday’s Premier League defeat to Manchester City, with summer signings Nayef Aguerd and Craig Dawson injured and Angelo Ogbonna still not back to fitness after a long-term knee injury.
Kehrer, capped 20 times by Germany, joined PSG from Schalke in 2018 and has won seven major honours, including three Ligue 1 titles, during his time at the Parc des Princes.
“Kehrer would be a great signing”
European football expert Andy Brassell on Sky Sports News:
“He’s a player who really wants to play right now because he wants to be in that Germany XI for the World Cup, so he has to move.
“In most cases, PSG would find players on his kind of salary, even though he only has one year left on his contract, quite difficult to change, but his will is to leave.
“It was said a couple of weeks ago that he appeared to have agreed terms with Sevilla. That has stalled a bit despite the fact that he would have taken a huge pay cut to get out.
“I think he would be fantastic for West Ham. He’s a player who has had decent looks at PSG without setting the world alight, but he’s exceeded a lot of expectations, especially in the last year and a half when they’ve been really trying to unravel. of him
“He’s still turned up, he’s been very professional, he’s trained hard, he’s been good as a centre-back and right-back when he’s playing, there’s no chance for him at PSG at the moment.”
Torino agree a deal for Vlasic
Torino have agreed an agreement with West Ham for the signing of striker Nikola Vlasic.
The deal is a loan with an option to buy for £15m, including add-ons.
Vlasic will fly to Italy on Tuesday before a medical tomorrow.
West Ham signed Vlasic on a five-year deal last summer for a fee of £30m, including add-ons.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be moving this summer when the transfer window closes at September 11 September 1?
Keep up to date with all the latest transfer news and rumors on our dedicated transfer hub blog Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with details, outputs and analysis Sky Sports News.
The new Premier League season with Sky Sports
- 128 Premier League matches live exclusively.
- First pick of matches for each weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best team of football experts includes Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will anchor our live coverage of Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and mobile clips from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and Women’s Super League.
- Learn more about Sky Sports
#Thilo #Kehrer #West #Ham #bid #Paris #SaintGermain #defender