Tuchel reports on Chelsea transfer activity and rules out two Spurs

Tuchel reports on Chelsea transfer activity and rules out two Spurs

Head coach Thomas Tuchel has issued an update on Chelsea’s summer transfer activity, highlighting two positions he believes there may be room to add to his current squad.

This summer’s transfer deadline is just under three weeks away, and the Blues have already added five players to our ranks this summer.

Three of these players made their Chelsea debuts in our opening matchday win over Everton, with Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly and Marc Cucurella.

When asked if he wants to add another central defender to his squad, Tuchel admitted it is one of the areas the club can look to strengthen.

“We could use one more central defender if we look at the numbers. At the moment we play with a three and the profiles of the boys at the back now are different,” Tuchel said in his press conference ahead of Spurs’ visit.

‘We also play with Azpilicueta, who is more of a winger. With Marc Cucurella it is also possible. So, let’s see what happens’.

Another position that Tuchel said the Blues may enter the market for is the centre-forward spot.

“We could strengthen our staff in depth in both areas [central defence and striker]. It’s one thing to wish for it, another to see if it’s possible. We look for the highest quality, personalities and characters who can compete at the highest level,’ he said.

“We are calm and ambitious at the same time, and there are still days to go until the end of the transfer window. Everything is possible until the end.

Despite rumors of a number of signings, the boss says Chelsea will not panic this summer and sign players for it.

“We won’t panic and try to sign players we’re not 100% convinced about. All our signings so far have helped us. Now it’s a day-to-day business, training the team and not losing your head as a manager about what could be.

“We are ambitious and working hard to further strengthen our squad, but we are calm. All energy goes to the group that is here [at Cobham]. We still have time.’

Tuchel also issued a squad news update, ruling two players out of Sunday’s clash across London.

Marcos Alonso was left out of the squad at Goodison Park last Saturday, and the manager has confirmed that the left-back is not expected for Sunday.

‘He [Alonso] At the moment he is not training and is trying to finalize his transfer. He will not be available for Sunday’s game,” Tuchel said.

There has also been an injury to one of Tuchel’s central midfielders.

‘The same goes for Kovacic, who unfortunately injures his knee, there has been a reaction. We decided to take a step back, increase the treatment time to reduce the stress that comes from training to have a normal reaction before starting again. All others are available.

#Tuchel #reports #Chelsea #transfer #activity #rules #Spurs

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.