BENJAMIN Mendy told his victim to “don’t move” as he grabbed her arms behind her back and raped her, a court heard today.
The Manchester City left-back, 28, is accused of 10 offenses against seven women between October 2018 and August last year.
He denies eight counts of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted rape.
Mendy’s co-accused Louis Saha Matturie, 40, is charged with eight counts of rape and four counts of sexually assaulting eight women, which he also denies.
The jury was told of a significant date involving a pool party, a trip to a nightclub and an after-club party at Mendy’s home on July 23 and July 24 last year.
During this period, Mendy is accused of raping three women: one aged 22 and two aged 19.
One of the 19-year-olds was also raped by Saha.
Saha is also accused of sexually assaulting another 22-year-old woman in the same 24-hour period.
On the night of July 23, a 22-year-old woman who worked at a Manchester nightclub was invited by Saha to the pool party in exchange for money, an attempt to “procure” her as a possible victim, according to s he claims.
Mendy invited the 22-year-old into the home’s cinema room, the woman told another girl if she wasn’t back in 10 minutes to come and meet her.
The 22-year-old did not want sex, but he “persisted in his demands” until she relented and raped her, the court heard.
The other girl came to get her, but found herself blocked by two of Mendy’s associates.
After the pool party, Mendy, Saha and others went to China White nightclub in Manchester.
Two 19-year-old women who had been at the pool party returned to Mendy’s home after the club, where they were both allegedly raped.
One remembered being in the pool.
His next memory was of being face down on a couch in the living room with his arms behind his back.
Mendy was raping her saying: “Don’t move, don’t move,” the court heard.
The £52m defender arrived at Chester Crown Court today for the first day of his trial.
Timothy Cray QC, prosecuting, told the jury: “This case is another chapter in a very old story – men raping and sexually assaulting women because they think they are powerful and because they think they can get away with it ‘n with his.”
The court heard how Mendy and Saha locked several of their victims in rooms at the footballer’s “secluded” mansion in Mottram St Andrew, rural Cheshire.
The women were allegedly stripped of their phones on arrival before being let into the study and master bedroom, which have “special locked doors” that can only be opened from the inside.
Cray told jurors that only someone who knew how to open the doors could do so, adding: “Two of the witnesses allege violations in these rooms and they felt they were locked.”
Describing one alleged incident, Cray said a whistleblower – who first met Mendy in Barcelona – ended up at his home after going to Manchester to eat and drink with the player and another man.
The prosecutor said the woman had made it very clear she was not interested in Mendy.
The actions taken by the defendants together show a cruel indifference towards the women they were after. In his mind, and this could not be clearer, the stream of women he brought into his homes existed solely to be pursued for sex.
Prosecutor Timothy Cray QC
He said: “The next day, she was having a shower when Mendy came into the bathroom and started touching himself in front of her.
“He told her to leave and tried to grab a towel to cover himself.
“She also tried to take her underwear out of the bag but Mendy grabbed it, saying things like: ‘I just want to see you.’
The prosecutor said the woman was unable to leave the bathroom and they ended up in bed with the woman on Mendy’s lap.
He said: “She tried to move but she couldn’t get away from him.”
Cray accused Mendy of “treating women as if they existed solely for sex” and said the feelings of his alleged victims “counted for nothing”.
He added: “These women were disposable – things that were used for sex and then thrown aside.
“This was the effect of the deliberate and planned choices the defendants made and the desires they let loose many times over.”
Cray said Saha was Mendy’s friend and fixer, and one of his jobs was to “find young women and create situations where those women could be raped and sexually assaulted.”
The prosecutor told jurors they will hear from 13 different women during the trial.
There are seven complainants against Mendy and eight against Saha, with two alleging the two men raped them.
Cray said: “Our case is that the defendants’ pursuit of these 13 women made them predators, who were willing to commit serious sex crimes.”
He added that “the fact that they wouldn’t take no for an answer” would be something jurors “will hear over and over again.”
‘SCARED AND ISOLATED’
Cray said there were five dates, between October 2018 and August 2021, when nine young women arrived at Mendy’s address.
They then filed allegations of rape and sexual assault against Mendy and Saha.
There are also four separate allegations against Saha involving allegations outside Mendy’s home, in Manchester and Sheffield.
Mendy was released on bail in January after spending 134 days in custody following his arrest in August.
Premier League champions Man City spent £49.2 million to sign Mendy from French side Monaco in 2017.
He last played for the club on 15 August 2021, during their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham at the start of last season.
In September 2020, City boss Pep Guardiola revealed that Mendy would be out for at least a month due to injury.
In a statement, the club later said: “Manchester City can confirm that after being charged by the police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.
“The matter is subject to a legal process and therefore the club cannot comment further until that process has been completed.”
#Predator #Mendy #told #victim #dont #move #held #arms #raped